The Apprentice Carpenter is a key part of the fulfillment of the promises we make to our customers. The company’s brand, reputation and customer experience rely on the proper execution of the responsibilities of this role. The areas of accountability are as follows:
- Approximately 40 hours produced on budget and on schedule per week
- Maintain an average 9/10 quality score through customer experience and ensure they are exceptionally satisfied.
- Daily updates to all required administrative tracking and reporting systems.
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Valid First Aid Certificate is an asset
- Available Monday to Friday from 8 to 4
- No prior experience is necessary but an asset
- Able to lift and physically fit
- Motivated and organized
- Ability to act safely in an active and fast-paced environment
- Accurately log hours in the Time Tracking App daily.
- Attend daily meetings with the Lead Carpenter and follow their instructions to complete daily tasks and meet daily and weekly goals.
- Arrive promptly to daily meetings prepared and engaged to set and discuss daily goals.
- Work as a team or solo in a pre-planned and efficient manner to ensure all tasks are being completed within the allotted time frame.
- Double-check all work you produce to proactively prevent deficiencies.
- Immediately address deficiencies to prevent production delays.
- Engage in proper tool maintenance and report any damages, misuse, or lost/stolen tools to Site Foreman and/or Project Manager.
- Provide the Lead Carpenter with daily updates regarding any customer interactions, when required.
- Report any issues to be addressed by the Lead Carpenter/Project Manager.
- Accurately complete all expense forms – travel mileage and job-related expenses (if applicable). Submissions are due weekly to the office administrator.
- Compile and submit all receipts from purchases made on the company account, being sure to include the appropriate P.O.’s.
Salary: $23.00-$25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Squamish, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
If you possess these skills and experience level, please send your resume, current references, and contact information along with a brief letter of introduction outlining how you meet the prerequisites listed above, your employment expectations, goals, & availability.