The Carpenter is a key part of the fulfillment of the promises we make to our customers. The company’s brand, reputation and customer experience rely on the proper execution of the responsibilities of this role. The areas of accountability are as follows:
– Approximately 40 hours produced on budget and on schedule per week
– Maintain an average 9/10 quality score through customer experience and ensure they are exceptionally satisfied.
– Daily updates to all required administrative tracking and reporting systems.
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Valid First Aid Certificate is an asset
- Available Monday to Friday from 8 to 4
- Able to lift and physically fit
- Motivated and organized
- Ability to act safely in an active and fast-paced environment
- Thorough understanding of the overall construction process, including forethought for subtrades and finishes
- Thorough knowledge of all building assemblies and the problem-solving skills required to make educated decisions to complete construction of those assemblies within project requirements and design intent
- Be able to read and interpret all project documentation provided by the Project Manager taking all requirements and limitations into consideration
- Accurately log hours in the Time Tracking App daily.
- Attend daily meetings with the Lead Carpenter and follow their instructions to complete daily tasks and meet daily and weekly goals.
- Come to daily meetings prepared and ready to participate. Take notes and work through a sequential list of tasks as set out by superiors.
- Follow instructions from the Lead Carpenter and Project Manager to complete daily tasks and meet deadlines.
- Use and store materials properly to avoid waste, shortages, and damage and eliminate avoidable delays in projects.
- Work as a team and/or individually in an efficient manner to ensure all tasks are being completed within the allotted time frame.
- Provide the Lead Carpenter with daily updates regarding any customer interactions, when required.
- Assist with material and/or tool pickups or drop-offs as required by sites.
- Double-check all work with the Lead Carpenters or PMs to proactively prevent deficiencies.
- Immediately address deficiencies to prevent production delays.
- Report any damaged or lost/stolen tools are reported to Site Foreman and/or Service Manager.
- Help set sites up for adverse weather days.
- Always maintain site street presence, with a priority on public safety and cleanliness.
Salary: $30.00-$37.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Squamish, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Construction: 1 year (required)
- Blueprint reading: 1 year (preferred)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)
If you possess these skills and experience level, please send your resume, current references, and contact information along with a brief letter of introduction outlining how you meet the prerequisites listed above, your employment expectations, goals, & availability.